Pages

Saturday, November 9, 2013

My food paradise for October.

Every day's life just seems so tiring.
Between school and work, I guess I could hardly breathe.
But we still need to eat.
and Food makes me happy.
So today it's just food!

FOOOOOD!
Headed to an authentic Thai eatery located in a mall just opposite Forum Shopping Centre located in Orchard.
But my suggestion: it's better to go with a huge group of friends.


Tomyum soup! Slurps.
I can say that it is my biggest enemy for tomyum soup as it tastes a bit milky at times.
But this was definitely good!
Worth the money ;)


Phad Thai!
Seriously, I never want to miss this out because it's my favorite!
I love peanuts and this dish tasted refreshing and brings out a bit of sweetness.
Combined with the ground peanuts and beansprouts, it's definitely a crunchy mouthful bite that you are about to take!

My friend got a basil minced chicken/pork/beef together with rice.
For all these 3, it costed us just 26 bucks!
For authentic Thai taste, this is definitely worth the price.It's located at level 2/3, whereby there's 2 Thai eateries there.
Try either one of it!
Because I am ;)

Hawkerfest 2013; Highlight of my October!

Before I start getting your stomachs growling...
 actually I am already because I started my day at a dimsum eatery located at Marina Bay Basement!



Dim Dim Hong Kong Pastry; one of the HK eateries that I've always wanted to try but ended up walking past it.

In order to leave space for our food hunt later on with Swee Teng, we had to limit our food intake for this UNFORTUNATELY :(




Chee Cheong Fun with seafood/peanut sauce(?)
Well, kind of regretted ordering this because it tasted pretty bland to me :(
Maybe the traditional sweet ones or chee cheong fun with char siew is gonna be more appealing to me!

The next few pictures...you will not want to miss it ;)

Welcoming the main dish for HK food,
Liu Sha Bao! Custard Pau~



Step by step *smirk





Look at it flowing...JUST LOOK AT IT.
Want to eat?

Sorry, that's what I always do for liu sha bao.
So if you ever read my liu sha bao's post, you better be mentally prepared hehe.

Tourist time for Swee Teng and me!



Trying to pull off a professional shot HAHAHA




My best memories! NDP 2009 ;)



Isn't this like the most heart-warming sight ever?
Feels like we are back in the old school days.


Moment you've been waiting for!
Hawkerfest 2013!


This is an annual event and this time round, it is organized by Touch Community Service together with Millenia Walk to bring you this wonderful awesome event!

What makes Singapore special and unique is besides our multi-racial culture,
we are known as a food heaven!
Just imagine all the authentic, local and culturally unique dishes coming under one roof to bring you the best..
of all food in Singapore.

How it works is that you've got to purchase a $50 coupon booklet in order to make the purchase of food!
Well, you can definitely say that the food is way highly priced, but think again,
for the sake of charity, why not!



First up!
Langoustine Kueh Pie Tee & Durian Pengatprepared by Exec. Chef of Orchard Hotel Singapore

Eyes prepared?
Let's go!


Langoustine Kueh Pie Tee! Kueh Pie Tee is actually a Peranankan style dish which involves these little biscuit cups filled with fillings similar to Popiah.
And with the influence of how much I missed my Grandma and Aunt's homemade Kueh Pie Tee, I was definitely elated to try this!
This one which comes served with Langoustine which tastes like crayfish or lobster texture, it was indeed a much refreshing style of Kueh Pie Tee!
Besides that, fish roes were served together with chili sauce inside.
Personally, this dish was worth a try for the queue!
The addition of Langoustine simply does not cover up the traditional style and taste of Kueh Pie Tee which makes this dish another originality on its own.


Dessert came too early?
Not so yet! This durian pengat definitely did justice for durians because it was sweet and the durian taste was absolutely strong to keep you enticed by it for quite a while! Below the durian was a green jelly-like stuff which compliments the overall texture; creamy and chewy.
BEST.

For $15, this 2 was definitely bought at a good price.


Performances live!
Even Jack and Rai too ;)


This was definitely the bomb.


Wondering what's inside this coconut?
It's CHENDOL.
With coconut icecream served specially by Udders,
no matter what calories or anything,
almost everyone queued for this!
Even after finishing your chendol and cie cream, the party is not over yet!!
The flesh of the coconut inside was so smooth and refreshing!
After all that savory food tasting, you might need this to refresh your tastebuds.

For $10, this was a good buy and MUST TRY!



Yes I love peanuts remember.
How to miss out on Satay beehoon!
Because there's peanuts again YUMMY!
This costed us about $15.

Prawns were fresh, cuttlefish without those odor or yucky taste (which means it fresh actually HAHAHA),
lean pork meat, veggies like kangkong(?) and of course BEEHOON AND SAUCE.

Without beehoon and sauce, it's meaningless :'(

So...yay!! We left with satisfied tummies!
The last $10 was used to buy durian puffs weeee.

Apparently, there were soooooo many other delicacies to try :(
But with only 2 tummies, it's simply impossible to try all of them!
I'm definitely going with a bigger group next time.
Especially the ULTRA BIG BIG PAU I wanted :(((

Nevertheless, it was a great food adventure together with Swee Teng and hoping more food adventures to come by! :)

Hope you guys had a great time reading this.
With love,
Cynthia.








No comments:

Post a Comment