Pages

Monday, December 21, 2015

PopcornTravels Goes to Seoul!

If you've been following thepurpledaisies, you probably remember my Taipei trip with my sister earlier in Jan.
This time round, popcorntravels goes to Seoul...with our parents!
I love kimchi, and I wish I could spam it everyday.
So in Seoul, I bet had my fill of kimchi before I become a kimchi myself.

Let's roll!


Here's Dad and Mum.
Looking at their really excited faces just makes me smile to myself at times.
It has been years since we took a flight together, so I'm really glad we did it again :)


It was our virgin experience taking Cathay Pacific, and I've got to say my experience with them was awesome.
The smiles, service and efficiency of the crew members made the flight an enjoyable one.
Dad was enjoying himself thoroughly with the wines, Mum being busy sleeping or fidgeting with her iPad.
Sister and I just stuck on to endless movie screenings.


The most exciting part of the flight is always in-flight meals!
I always get so excited to see what's in there for me.
When you start smelling food from the galley, you just can't stop but to sit up straight, prepare your tables and all ready for the cabin crew to come by!

Our flight towards HK had 2 options:
Western - Lemon Cream Pasta
Asian - Chicken with Rice (but always associating it as Chicken Rice)

I chose the Asian, and well it is really superb for in-flight meals!
Fork-tender chicken, well-seasoned with the sauce.
Did someone say "hungry"...because I am now.


HK - Incheon

In-flight snack!
Love the blueberry muffin but the sandwich wasn't really to my liking...
Perhaps the midnight flight was making me nauseous and all.
But I had a goodnight sleep after all.


Welcome to Myeongdong!
The shopping haven for all ladies with the overflowing shops of skincare and makeup products at almost every corner.

Miraculously enough, my appetite came back right after the flight.
It was early in the morning at 8a.m and all the shops were not fully opened yet.
We explored the streets and chanced upon a Korean restaurant as we were famished.




Never missing out on banchans(side dishes) in Korea.
Yay to free flow of kimchis!!


Mum ordered omelette rice, and wow the portion was HUGE!
Wrapped within was like fried rice, and mum said she loved this the most so far!


Sister and I got a Gimbap each, Tuna and Original.
it was huge as well, but really tasty with the sesame oil brushed on the top to give that glossy look.


Dad claimed it was too cold, and insisted on this bowl of noodles in chicken broth.
The noodles were smooth and chewy, simply slides down your throat!
Similar to our local ban mian but this was definitely much smoother.


Mum trying to fix on her beanie, because we insisted her to.



And she's done!


Who can ever skip out on Lotte mart when you're in Seoul?
Please put this in your itinerary, no regrets.




My parents absolutely loved this place!
December is no doubt the season for strawberries, persimmons and grapes!
So glad that we visited this place for our first day, so we got to enjoy the fruits throughout our entire trip!

No joke, we revisited this place on the last full day of our trip.
Mum happily packed her red dates, ginseng, persimmons and honey citron tea back to SG.
And our unfortunate strawberries which did not survive through the trip :(


Korea - Paris Baguette is something you don't want to miss!
Much more selections here and you can find it almost everywhere too!
It is almost similar to like your Starbucks chain.
The bread here smells so good, with all that buttery and toasty smell.
Mmhmm.



We've got the chicken caesar salad, egg tart and a garlic toast.
For the size and the price, I would say it's really worth it!

We went back to check-in to our hotel, JHill, which is conveniently located near H&M and Forever21.


With mumsy before heading out!



Screams to Myeongdong Kyoja!
A really popular chain outlet for dumplings, there's about 2 outlets located within Myeongdong.
The dumplings are filled with fillings of chives and meat, hot and fresh out from the steamers.
Dad fell in love with this literally!


Myeongdong streets.




Reminded me so much of Ximending in Taipei!
But the chilly weather was definitely much more enjoyable.



Dad tried the popular Baked cheese scallop!
Costed us about 5000KRW, definitely not cheap but worth a try!




And we can't miss out on Bingsoo(s) despite the weather!
We've got the Mango Cheesecake for Mum and Dad, while Sister and I got the usual Injeolmi Bingsoo from Sulbing.
Loving the snow, fine-like shavings but definitely wished for more toppings for our Injeolmi one which I forgot to take a snapshot of.

That's all for PopcornTravels today!
More updates coming up right in your way!

Have a great X'mas everyone and a Happy New Year(in advance!)

goodbye,
cynnieco





No comments:

Post a Comment