Pages

Saturday, May 16, 2015

It's a brunch affair at Symmetry & Dazzling Cafe.

Having been nagged at by my brunch buddy also known as Evilbean Joey for my procrastination level of blogging, I totally forgot how I've always been wanting to blog but end up putting it off. 
Yes that's my laziness level and I'm so guilty of it right now that I would need to face palm myself a thousand times minimum.

Aside from that, being a lover of truffle fries and eggs benedict, I can't believe I've never been to Symmetry before and try out their truffle fries. 
Can I just say thanks to my brunch buddy for saving my life and not making me have any regrets of not trying out different places for fries.
I'm not someone who really love potatoes, so my friends kind of guessed I like shoestring cut fries more. 
Probably one of the case, but I've got to say the Garlic Truffle (thick cut) fries at Supply & Demand won over my heart as well! 
(yes my brunch buddy will say I'm biased but no I'm not!!)
Not forgetting Truffle fries from P.S Cafe as I love to snack on food continuously...so the fries felt like it was never ending = blissful moment of my life ;)

the beginning when I first stepped foot into Symmetry was surreal.
The ambience was somehow a combination of a bar + cafe, which upbeat music and dim lightings.
So that explains why some of my shots look so meh...because all we could rely on was the beam of sunlight streaming through the windows.


Known to be one of the better coffee cafes, this cup of hot mocha definitely stole my heart away.
I have never been a fan of hot coffee;
but the amount of chocolate-y goodness combined with the coffee made it just perfect for me.
But of course, this does not change my favouritism for Iced Mocha :D


Everyday I'm trufflin' in cafes.
Will never be able to miss out on fries when I cafe hop!
Unless...it's not up to expectations or I have tried it before.
This was absolutely comparable to PS Cafe ones with it's portion and the flavor of it.
At a price of $15, this was a steal as it was served in a bucket.
Just imagine the amount of potatoes in it!
And the truffle oil :p
Slurpppppps.
I can imagine chewing this in my mouth now and salivating.


The MAINS of the day was Portobello & Pork Jowl Croissant!
I always have a huge headache when it comes to choosing my choice of food off the menu.
So Joey gave me 3 choices:
a. Portobello & Pork Jowl Croissant
b. Pork Belly
c. Pulled Duck & Apricot Croissant

So I chose a.
Why?
Because I love all things mushroom-y!
Portobello was the right way to go!
Served with a scrumptious amount of scrambled eggs sandwiched between the croissant, together with pork jowl, a huge Portobello mushroom and lettuce;
First thing that comes to mind: Photos please!
The scrambled eggs felt so fluffy and has a glossy finish which I couldn't stop eyeing on it (yes Brunch buddy, I have been eyeing it the entire meal until it was gone hiak hiak.)
And then the mushroom came into my vision.

Best part was when my buddy cut out the mushrooms and placed it on my serving plate.
my heart was just shouting: "yipeeeeeee!"

We took about an hour or so to finish our entire meal.
Honestly, we were stuffed by the amount of fries served...(but value for money)
So we left with happy tummies :)

But despite that, how can you end a cafe-hopping date with no desserts to do a finale?
:(

We decided to try our luck over at Dazzling Cafe which has been creating a wave on Instagram with all those "oh-so-pretty" toasts pictures.
We were surprised by the queue which was not surprisingly long, or perhaps it was a Friday afternoon.
15-20 minutes wait, poof!
We're in!

We glanced through the menus previously and had set our eyes on 3/4 choices.
Classic Honey Toast, Mango & Coconut Toast, Matcha Azuki Beans Toast and the Hazelnut Chocolate Honey Toast.

We were super duper close to getting the Mango & Coconut flavored toast but decided to opt for others as we found out the mangoes were from Singapore, which we pretty much preferred Taiwan mangoes :(

But nevertheless, guess what came in 15-20 minutes later?

Matcha Azuki Beans Honey Toast became our choice!
Green tea for the 2 Matcha lovers (obviously!)
Having tried the same thing over at Dazzling Cafe Pink in Taipei, I would say I preferred the ones there!
Maybe it was due to the spirit of travelling that it tasted better or there's some brushing up to do.
Worth a try definitely!
But beware of a hefty price tag of $23.40 inclusive of service charge and GST.
Try it and I'm sure you won't regret not trying anyway!

Having heard so much about toasts, I heard Assembly Coffee has pretty good ones and I do wish to visit there really soon!

And a #selfie with my brunch buddy!
Glad we took a photo together but I realized I looked damn sick in this photo with that pale lip color.
Argh!



And... #ootd again!
Grey High Neck dress x TEMT
Marble necklace x The Editor's Market
My usual bag
Silver Mesh platform Sneakers x Superga

Been trying to get back as a fashion/food/travel/lifestyle/beauty blogger once again so let me just try incorporating a little bit of everything and make this blog not so dead.

And before I end this blogpost, let me share a little secret:

Psst. You can't imagine that I'm actually typing this blogpost now when I'm actually rushing for time!!!

with love,
cynnie.

No comments:

Post a Comment