Pages

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Dilemma. (well, not exactly.)

Have you ever felt so...stuck in a dilemma?
Stuck as in like you can feel your brains close to ripping apart.
MAYBE.

Recently, I guess I kind of felt it.
Sigh, not knowing what is getting into me.
Maybe it's exam stress or it's just you know, thinking way too much.

I was looking back at those old photos of mine.
Well, old as in perhaps a few years back in secondary school or Polytechnic Year 1.

Let's see...



Okay that's me in...2012.
Secondary 4.

I was chubby.
Yup, that's me :)



When I was soon to starting the 1st Poly year life of mine...
Yes that's still me :)


This was from Year 1.
I was still the same old me.
Chubby.
I felt depressed...probably.
I would just eat in the past.
Who cares about exercising or working out?
Everyone but me.

My godparents said I should probably start losing some weight.
(Haha, well I didn't really thought much about it. But then I thought again, maybe I SHOULD.)

I started to control my diet.
NO STARVING, NO PILLS, NO GOING OF SLIMMING PROGRAMS.

Doing it with my will.

Okay be prepared, it's gonna be naggy.
Like someone promoting about health.
Read on if you want!

I eat my 3 meals;

Cut down on the fried food;

More veggies on my plate;

Fruits as snacks instead of my usual potato chips while watching my favorite shows;
(But I still play cheat and eat potato chips once in a while hehe.)

Sleep enough, which apparently I still can't achieve with schoolwork;

Drinking more water, which sometimes why you feel hungry is due to dehydration as I researched before;

Lastly, feel good about yourself working out!

Stressed? Frustrated? Depressed?
Go for a jog, a walk in the park, swim, tennis...
Anything that makes you feel better by sweating it all out!
Not only do you burn your calories but you still keep yourself fit!
But PLEASE DO NOT OVERWORK YOURSELF.

Poor body needs rest.

And that's when I realized, this change of mine made me feel..a tiny weeny more confident.
I was more confident of bringing myself out in those pretty clothes which I've always wanted to wear.
I felt happier, more positive vibes in me (yay!)

But then... my mum thought I wasn't treating myself right.
Losing too much weight was...what she claimed.

Now.. this is me.


That's me.
Probably after a month.
I think I lost about 3/4 kg?
I remember how everyone was so concerned about what went wrong with me!
But I was still eating well, working out, enjoying life.



Last year december!
Yes readers, that's how far I went.
I was about 51kg back then in 2012..
And am currently about 44kg!

yes, not to worry.
You ain't gonna lose your freedom of eating your favorite sinful delights like macaroons, chocolate glazed brownies, popcorn etc.
You still get to eat them, just a couple of times lesser!
Besides controlling your desire for those yummi-licious food running around your head,
work out should be incorporated to get the best of results!

I don't want to use this post as a post that you know, force you into getting anorexia/depression or anything.
I just want YOU to know, with determination you can.
Keep hanging on no matter how hard it is.
Never STARVE.
Never GIVE UP.
You will Never LOSE.

Confidence is always by your side rooting for you.
I'm here too :)


So... what do you think of this change in me?

Talk about eating got my tummy churning.
Food is everyone's best friend, to me it's like my spouse.

I patronized a Chinese restaurant a few days back named 'Mayim'.
From what I know, the only outlet known to me would be over at Northpoint, Yishun Area.

What I had:


Shredded Chicken Lamian!
Simply delicious.
Being a BIG fan of noodles, this is something I would definitely order as I like noodles in soup base.
If you feel like having light-hearted meal, this is a good one.
The noodles are smooth and simply chewy!
When chewing the noodles, the noodles taste was just right and for that moment I literally felt like I was eating in China as it tasted SO AUTHENTIC.
Besides that, the noodles were so smooth that it literally "slide down" my throat!
YUMMY.

But fear not!
The noodles are handmade, so it gets pretty long, perhaps you've got to show that unglam side of you biting it apart when you're out on a date :P
Feel free to get the servers to help you cut up the noodles for easier consumption :)
*I didn't know that too until one of the staff offered to help me cut it up*
Extra PLUS POINTS!
Good customer service made my meal so much more enjoyable.


Before ending off my meal(even though I was super full with the noodles as I dinished all the soup with not single drop left) , there's always space for desserts!
I have a really sweet tooth.
Hence, exploring pretty cafes, looking for pretty cakes or simply just brunch ideas is my newest hobby.
Just EAT.

This banana panfried pancake filled with red bean paste was simply my love.
It's sweet no doubt, but it's not overly sweet that gets you sick of it.
Worth a try and worth a short while wait!

Feeling really bloated after your meal?
Get their rose tea to aid in your digestion and clear away those oil!
What a great way to end your day after a long day at work.

Find out more about Mayim here!
Address:
930 Yishun Ave 2 #02-01/05
Northpoint
Singapore, Singapore 769098

For reservations/enquiries: 6758 3168
(This is not an advertorial.)

Would be doing up some reviews for a few cafes that I've visited soon enough!
And hoping to try out more ;)

Feel free to leave a comment or simply email me at cynnie.co@gmail.com :)
(Be it food reviews/ related about the weight loss idea)

All the best!
goodbye.






No comments:

Post a Comment