Pages

Monday, July 28, 2014

Counting down to...a mere 6 more weeks in Orlando.

Ahoy mates!
Pardon my sailor-mode talking guys, all influenced by Typhoon Lagoon.
Well, what can I say.
I really love my workplace so much, and not forgetting my co-workers.
THEY ARE AMAZING.

I really do appreciate the days that I spend most of mine with them on my off days, not just during our working hours.
Not to say that I am just hanging around with them but of course with my fellow Singaporean mates too!


Will you die for some New York Cheesecake pancakes?
Filled with cheesecake bits and chunks in your pancakes, that's the way to go!


This...was some roasted chicken/turkey food that my friends got.
Well I wouldn't say it's fantastic because I don't really eat much of such food well I'm at IHOP,
some may order because they have really some good mash potatoes out there.
Thumbs up for that!


Banana Strawberry crepe
*ba-na-na, na-na-na-na*


Blueberry fever for me!


But nothing beats the company here!

---------------






Welcome to Yogi Bear's estate.
Nah I'm kidding hah.
If you've been following me on Instagram, yup you've guessed it!
This is Fort Wilderness Lodge.
It looks so Harry Potter-ish like that I couldn't take my eyes off it.
It was amaaaaaaaazing!

The price was amazing too.
But I managed to pop by one of the bars in the resort to try out some of their amazing desserts.

Starting off with some mushroom-y, creamy
Smokey Portobello Soup, topped with chive oil and croutons(my fav!)
I personally dislike creamy stuff, such as carbonara, cream soup and stuff like that.
This was exceptionally good!
Despite the fact that it got saltier the more you tasted it.
The croutons were a must to go along with such a creamy base, how I wished I had a basket of bread to go along with this soup because that would be purrrr-fect!



Served up next was our so-called fondue, which we would normally guess it to be chocolate fondue and stuff.
WRONG.


What came was a basket full of artisan breads and sliced up apples,


cheese fondue.
My biggest regret cause I dislike cheese :(
But nevertheless, if you love cheese,
GO FOR THIS!


Dip dip dip dip!



That's me with poor eyebags and circles.
Sobs.


Mel mel meowlissa.


How can you end your meal without some sweet treats?
Sweet & sour raspberry cobbler was remarkable for my meal.
The highlight of the day.
With the slight sourish raspberries & blackberries, topped of with raspberry sherbet ice cream and a warm fuzzy cake at the bottom, this was the most amazing cobbler till date.
Or rather, I have a huge FETISH over warm desserts because I love how it just melts into your mouth!
With a sweet fuzzy taste.
Mmmhmmm.
So good.
So warm.
So sweet.
Lovely.

--------------------------------

Probably every vacation is an enjoyable one.
But a 3 months vacation, probably not.
Well, I'm not really on "vacation" as I have to work and stuff like that, but it's close enough.
There are ups and downs, which I'm trying to overcome and cope with it.
But sometimes there's times that I wish I could just breakdown, cry it all out and say "That's it."
I'm done with it.

1 more month to go.
Back to my warm fuzzy bed, lovely home, precious family, lovely friends and cousins.
Back with my favorite Singapore food.
With my usual MRT train rides and buses.
Familiar faces, places and serenity.
The buzzing city.

Yes, I can do this.
1 more month to bear with.
Let's go.
Meanwhile, I'm going to try capturing all the picture-perfect moments here for you guys.
Stay tuned.

goodnight,
cynnie :)






No comments:

Post a Comment