Pages

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Train ride.

Travelling on a West Midlands train, bound from Birmingham towards London Euston.
I sat on a 6 seater area together with my dad and sister, as well as an unknown stranger. A 2 hours train ride.
My dad and sister fell asleep, but I didn't feel like it. A holiday that we had long planned before is almost coming to an end. I wanted to take more glances at them before they head back to Singapore.

Dad fell asleep. He looked tired. I felt sad.
How hard he worked for to bring me here, and always wanting to give me the best.
It triggered me so much, to how much I want to support him in the rest of his life.
It reflects very much likely to the stories back in the old days, how parents worked hard to give their child the best.
To what people of us nowadays say, it's just a story.

But how many times have we ever thought that it happened to us in our lifetime? It did to me, and I'm definitely one hell of a lucky girl(to myself). 
Love is so brave, warm, heart-wrecking, priceless and something that one can never force upon the others. Because love is so valuable.
Thank you dad, for loving me so unconditionally. For showing your pure happiness when you visited my school, apartment and my workplace. 
To see your loved ones appreciating what you have done, it is really a sweet moment. To be waiting for your daughters shopping, how tiring that must have been for you. My endless thank you(s).

My sister, despite small bickers(which we resolved quickly with laughters) made this trip really wild. We braved the winds of Louvre museum with my godparents and dad. A heavy downpour with 32km/h of wind speed was no joke. Even if it was a moment.
We made it together to the Eiffel Tower. Those moments are unforgettable. 
We raced for Disneyland rides together. Squeezing our bags through roller coasters with 360 degrees turn when we were secretly hoping that there were some compartments to keep our bags oops.
Taking silly photos and just enjoying each other's companion. Shopping for gifts and buying gifts for each other...sweet moments. Such sisterly moments are deeply etched in my heart, something we can't wipe off from our lives and mind.
Thank you for ensuring my silliness and stubbornness at times. I'm blessed, with a family that loves me so dearly(and all of you too!)
My godparents, who also took care of me throughout this trip. Despite me catching a fever for 2 days, my family gave me the strongest support throughout this whole trip. ❤️

-

And so the day came. The day that my dad and sister headed back to Singapore while I made my way back to Birmingham. We bid our goodbyes at Victoria Coach Station.
I gripped a hold of myself, with tears unknowingly streaming down my face.
As I caught my West Midlands train back to Birmingham, my heart felt empty.
The past few days, I had my dad and sister alongside with me on the train rides. but now, it's just me.
I couldn't help feeling lonely. I felt sleepy, but I had no shoulders to lean on.
I leaned on my luggage handle and fell asleep.
Why do good moments end so quickly?
Yes, people say a year will fly past quickly. However, there are some moments that a year feel like an eternity.
But I treasure it. My classmates, my colleagues and my family who had unwavering faith and hope in me. Thank you for accompanying me alongside this rigorous journey, a key part of my life.
I give thanks for everyday that I wake up to, and to everyone that is around me.
Thank you & I love you.

cynnie.


No comments:

Post a Comment