Pages

Sunday, March 17, 2019

Good times!

Hello people! Hope you guys are having a great day thus far.
This week seems like it's gonna be a great week, with school holidays and all - it's really nice seeing families spending time together and simply embracing the presence of one another.
I am quite a family-oriented person, so I would love to stick to my parents or siblings whenever they are free. Perhaps that's the result of almost 2 years away from home and family.

Friends play a huge role in my life as well, and I'm so glad to have met up with 2 of my girls back then when I was in NTU. We spent time together back at our favorite cafe - Supply & Demand at Orchard Gateway. The ambience, the interior and the company was still the same, just like back in the old days. Being back at our favorite spot, we ordered something that we absolutely fell in love with - the Thick Cut Garlic Truffle Fries!


Good old taste. The fragrance of the garlic alongside with the truffle oil made me pick up my fork and start digging in. Even the visuals was so appealing!
While I'm not a fan of the mayonnaise dip, the sweet chili sauce stole my heart away. I had to get a second serving of the dip! I have not been able to eat much spicy stuff currently since the food in UK are pretty much non-spicy (unless you head to Asian restaurants), so this dip is suitable if you can't eat spicy food!
Oh not forgetting, the fries was pretty well-cooked with some being extremely crispy, love it!

Besides the fries, we are a fan of the pasta there as well. We ordered an Aglio Olio w/ prawns in full size, so it pretty much filled us up along with the coffees we ordered. If you're wondering the beverage at the back of the fries, that's the hazelnut latte which is by far the best! Iced Long Black was great too for people like me who don't really fancy milk. You can get a syrup along with it too to sweeten things up!


Finally, the Aglio Olio. I love how the olive oil was well-mixed along with the pasta, it was not overly oily, neither was it too dry. However, I do recommend you to eat it as soon as possible while its hot - I wasn't too keen when it cooled down. The prawns was pretty good in my opinion too - while I'm not an expert in eating prawns due to my shellfish allergy, it tastes fresh without tasting like those frozen prawns. 

We paid approximately 70 bucks for 3 beverages, 1 side and 1 mains. While it is a bit on the pricey note, the quality of the food did not disappoint since the very last time I ate it. Could be a good place to go to if you desire a nice ambience, centralized location and decent food for your catch ups! 

After brunch, it was nice strolling along Orchard Road on a Sunday, visiting shops and all that I used to visit. It is saddening to see some places closed or perhaps under revamp and I hope that they reopen soon someday. Headed to The Coffee Academics at Scotts Square later in the day for a good cold brew to cool me down amidst the hot weather. It was a chill day and I definitely hope to catch up with them again. 💕

Wow, it feels good to be back blogging again and I will definitely try posting up more with more photos! :)

Thank you guys!
cynnie.

No comments:

Post a Comment