Pages

Sunday, March 10, 2019

thoughts.

Sitting at an empty row of benches, the gorgeous view of aircraft taking off and landing is just right beside me through the huge glass panels. Yes, I am back in Dubai Airport as I'm typing this post. And by the time I post this up, I'm probably back in Singapore. Please bear with me as I reminiscence the memories of mine in that 2 years.

2 years flew by in a blink of an eye, I came towards the end of university life, the end of my working life in Whittard. I remember the time when I first arrived in Birmingham - everything was so unfamiliar, unexpected experiences, the good times, the bad times, everything. There were so many ups and downs when I first came, and I have never felt that insecure about my decision of coming to U.K. While I still believed that it was right for me to pursue my passion, but there were certain conditions that made me feel like it was a mistake and I could not wait to head back home. Indeed, I went back home during summer 2017, to clear out those toxic and negative thoughts that I had and to start afresh in pursuing my studies. Without a doubt, I came back feeling happier, with more positivity and enthusiasm in doing whatever I was doing.

Given the opportunity to be able to work in Whittard, was one of the best things that happened to me. it was not just any other job, but it gradually became my 2nd home, my 2nd family (Well, definitely my university mates are also like my family!) Balancing between school and work was not an easy feat, as it takes a lot of discipline in ensuring that neither of it is being neglected. My sense of responsibility, discipline and time management skills seemed to have improved a tiny weeny bit. 
I can never imagine myself  having such bittersweet moments when I was leaving on the actual day.
Dinners with my Whittard mates was probably one of the most memorable ones, everyone was just chill and we could talk about anything - interests, life, problems, relationships etc. Such bonding sessions actually pulled us together and now everyone is close with each other, something that I'm thankful for as I established friendships that I knew I can rely on. Even for my university mates, my usual clique have been there through all my ups and downs. Without their consistent encouragement all this while, I guess I would not have pulled through the end. Not forgetting the team at Coach, who treated me as part of their family even though I have only been there twice or thrice.

Receiving such kindness and love, I can't help but to feel blessed with whatever I am receiving from all these folks. Thank you all for weaving such beautiful memories and relationships that I know I will hold close to my heart for eternity. And thank you for making me feel that I was never alone in Birmingham, because I am embraced by another family here.
Happiness is something that we have to fight for, depending on the kind of attitude that we hold in life. While it comes and goes, all we could do is to cherish every moment that we have of these happiness. This time round, I am so glad that I will be back to spend more happiness with my family, friends, and especially friends who stood by me all these while. 
It may not apply for everyone. But for someone like me who went through times that I deemed was the worst in my whole life, I feel that when it gets tough or too toxic, I really got to "filter" my life and find out what's the thing that is bothering me. There can be a million things that create happiness in our lives, but just one incident could just ruin it all for us too. It's not easy to maintain that kind of positivity all the time, but perhaps it would be nice if we could look at the positive things that we had. Someday we may think back about those unhappy times, and probably laugh at our own silliness for being upset over insignificant things.

Stay happy, stay joyful, love yourself and you could love the others too!

signing off, cynnie.

No comments:

Post a Comment