Pages

Thursday, March 21, 2019

My 2nd time back to Haw Par Villa!

Hello guys! Hope your week has been going well :)
We are just a day away from weekends, how exciting!
Last Saturday, I had the opportunity to tag along with my mum to visit Haw Par Villa, alongside with the RC committee. It was an eye-opening experience for me, considering the fact that I have been away from the Asian culture for awhile. Plus, the last time I went was probably back in Primary or Secondary school!
It has undergone much changes with its recent renovation, so you will be able to see the statues in a more realistic and vibrant color!





Well, there's Confucius! Basically, Haw Par Villa is filled with various sorts of Chinese history and beliefs. Not just about the beliefs of Life and Death, but it also involves legendary stories such as Journey to the West. Showered with the warmth from the sun, we spent 2 hours walking around the area and admiring those statues. 




Aside from the statues, Haw Par Villa consists of some really nice sceneries as well as activities such as feeding the tortoises! You can pay $1 to get a bag of tortoise feed, and you will be amazed by how all the tortoises gather around when you throw the feed into the pond! Bring some coins along as well as they have a wishing pond there as well if you want to make a wish.
For your info, the admission of Haw Par Villa is free! Just take the metro via Circle Line and alight at Haw Par Villa station - yes it's that convenient! I also heard that there's a wholesale market nearby that area which sells fresh produce and dried goods, so you might want to head there for a little shopping as well!


That's my mum and I! Missed that beautiful smile on her face. It was so nice catching up with my mum and just spending the day at a place that she prefers than just plainly shopping at malls. Really meaningful. We then had dinner over at LeNu at Northpoint City with my sister, my first time trying it!


Onsen Egg


Pork Wonton Noodles


Dried Anchovies Noodles


Vegetable Pork Dumplings in Pork Broth.

That was our dinner for the day. I love how the noodles were springy and the broth was really flavourful - the best part was how I don't feel thirsty after drinking the broth! So I guess there was little to no MSG in it (personal perspectives only!) The dumplings were great too, it tasted fresh and the skin was not overly thick, so you could taste the ingredients more. Moreover, it was at an affordable price at about 37 bucks alongside with a plate of vegetables! Definitely worth for me to visit again.

That's all for today! And should you wish to find out more about Haw Par Villa, Time Out Singapore has recently posted an article on it so its worth checking out! You can find out more about the history and outlook of Haw Par Villa here! Also, if you want to check out on LeNu, here's a link to their website as well - LeNu.

That's all for today and do let me know if you have any experiences with these places too!
thank you!

cynnie.




No comments:

Post a Comment