Pages

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Part Time Jobs are no longer just a...job.

Part Time Jobs
To most of the younger generation out there, or perhaps even my generation,
part time jobs are ways that we try to kill time, at the same time generating extra cash for our expenses.

That was exactly my mindset when I first graduated from secondary school.
Back then, the 16 years old me had no experience,
clueless of what I wanted to do,
and where I can eventually land myself a part-time job that I will LOVE.

My sister was working in Universal Studios Singapore back then, 
and I was so glad that she gave me the recommendation and confidence to take up my very first part time job.
I started off as a sales associate in Brown Derby(now Sesame Street store).
Never did I know that I will stick to that job for 1 and 1/2 year.




I loved the environment.
I loved my job scope: 
engraving bracelets,
cashiering,
replenishing of stocks,
selling helium balloons,
meeting people from all walks of life.

But what I loved most was my colleagues.
They made up 3/4 part of my working life, and my job was never too boring with them.




We spent "Hollywood After Hours" on some Saturdays after ending our shifts at about 10pm.
So tired, but everyone was so enthusiastic and excited about spending time together as a team,
talking about our personal life, 
and of course spending time teasing & playing around with one another!

Our friendship goes beyond that.


We go on shopping sprees.



Team dinner gatherings!



Even doing Halloween Horror Nights 2.
It was one of the best experience ever.

What a better way to spend your time by doing part time jobs in Singapore?

A part time job is no longer just a job to earn extra bucks,
but I feel that it's an opportunity to learn new skills,
create new friendships,
experience something that you might never do it ever again when we get older.

Probably 10 years down the road, I would look back remember the days that I will wear an Elmo headband at work.

Getting part time jobs in Singapore is usually not tough with the number of places hiring part-timers.
In fact, part time jobs for students are even more common nowadays, such that they will be able to gain working experience and exposure that will aid them in filling up their resume/portfolio!

No doubt, finding a suitable part time job in Singapore is as easy as it seems.
Search engines works perfectly fine.
All we do is to: 
2)Scroll for a job that catches your eye
3)Submit your resume
4)Interview
5)Be hardworking and go to work
6)Create new friendships and learn new skills
7)Have fun!

So..what does part time jobs mean to you?
Would love to hear from you guys soon!

goodbye,
cynnie.

No comments:

Post a Comment