Pages

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Planting flowers...watching butterflies...time for some updates.

Having been missing in action from my blog pretty long before I blogged previously about OPPO,
I have decided to hit up a random post of my own today!

Today, it's 14th September 2014.
I was born 19 years ago on this day,


 all thanks to the greatest woman of my life.
Cindy Ho :)



and the greatest man in my life.
Tony Lim :)


my brother Terence Lim.


 and my sister Regina Lim.

 I want to thank them, for always being for me when I needed it.
Not just my family, but definitely my friends too.
I think I have been through a lot through that 3months, of living independently and stuff like that.
And when I got back to Singapore, I feel...different?
Slightly. Hahaha.

Every birthday comes with surprises.
My biggest surprise was when my family woke me up at about 12.55am (I remembered looking at the clock) with a fruit cake in their hands and singing a birthday song for me :')


and yes that's me in my PJs with Donald printed all over.




we were all looking like "we just woke up."

Sorry Dad and Mum, I have to post this photo because I really appreciate the effort :')
And of course my sister painstakingly went and bought the cake.
So love!

Time for some throwback posts.

Last Friday with mum after I came back.
Can I say it was one of my favourite days ever?
My mum usually hits the sack by probably 8-9pm. 
But she spent the entire day, from 11.30am all the way till 9pm.
With me.
No complaints that she was tired and all, just accompanying me.
<3

So first stop, was filling some empty tummies at Kim Gary outlet at ION Orchard.


And to define a drink that belongs to my mum and I, I can't ask for more than a cup of Iced Yuan Yang.
One of the better ones from Kim Gary, but Toast Box still held the most meaning for us.


And that's my beautiful and cuddly mum.
Why cuddly... because I'm always wanting to hug her and she can't refuse me.
hehehehe.
Now you see my true colors isn't it!


And a typical French Toast for tea time.
This was good.
Probably I haven't had an Asian French Toast for really long, but even mum said it was good!
Maybe we are just hungry, but this deserves some credit!



Major love for peanut butter!


and Mum cut it all up for me :p


Every year, we just got to visit this place, at this time.
Mooncake festival showcase!
Looking at mooncakes are like looking at gold for me.
because lotus paste is my golden favorite!


And I bet you guys know that orchard gateway is now open.
So we popped by this Chinese restaurant named Noodle Place Restaurant.
Kind of irony cause the people who were there ate noodles...
but mum and I went for tze char (stir-fried) style with rice.


Kailan with oyster sauce - all time favorite!


This smile on my mum, something that I want to see forever.
:)

Wipe your mouth, there's more to come.


Roasted duck meat, oily goodness.
People might want to abstain from oily food, but this something irresistible.
Crispy skin with tender meat, with a freshly roasted smell.
Mmhmm, right in my tummy with no hesitation!


Before starting my dinner also need to take photo.
hahaha of course, every moment is so darn precious that day.


All of these for 2 of us.


Pi Pa Dou Fu.
Love this crispy goodness!

And that's how we ended that day.
Happy tummies, happy mum and daughter,
happy day :)


Custard bun bun bun bun bun.
Liu Sha bao bao bao bao bao.
Slide into those tummyyyyyyy.



And a famous delicacy known as cheese bread from Manila, Philippines!
Specially bought by my brother's girlfriend, Elizabeth :D

Honestly okay, I'm not a cheese person.
But if you get me to say thumbs up, this is good.
Please buy some if you're in Manila!

Having been back for a week or so, back to the cafe-hopping times!
And this time I hopped to One Man Coffee with Garey located at Upp Thomson Road.


My love-will-never-die for a cup of Iced Mocha.


Garey's Gashouse Egg a.k.a
-Toad in the Hole
-Egg in the bread with the hole in the middle with bacon jam.

And he got sauteed mushrooms for an add-on. Slurps up!


I can't get away from sweet treats.
I've got a Brioche French Toast with homemade berry compote, candied walnuts and a splat of fresh cream.
Yummy sweetness!


Love the compote because it reminds me of the pancakes in the States.
But this is real business.

So...that's all for now!
Will be updating more as soon as I snap more pictures of Singapore with my cammie which is sitting alone on my table.

Thanks for reading guys, and one of my wish would be that all my readers to stay happy and no matter what ups and downs that you face, remember there's someone for you.
Even I will be here to listen.

goodbye!
cynnieco.










No comments:

Post a Comment