Pages

Monday, March 10, 2014

From food to anything: A little cafe-hopping journey begins!

A newbie me.
Have never been much of a cafe-hopper.
But now I'm super excited to be visiting those cafes all around Singapore!
Besides the fact of me trying to utilise my camera,
and because now there's a purpose to taking those delish food,
is sharing it with you guys!

Too much nonsense; let's begin!!

2 stops to begin with for now:

246 Upper Thomson Road
Singapore 574370
+65 6753 1718

If you love waffles with ice cream, this might be one of the popular places you might begin with!



They have a whole range of ice cream flavours to begin with:
Matcha; Rum & Raisin; Nutella; Kahlual; Earl Grey; Peppermint Brownie; Horlicks Tim Tam and all the other novelty ice cream flavours that you won't be able to get it off the supermarkets!

What I've got: Earl Grey, Nutella & Salted Caramel


Sorry, was too busy gobbling down my ice cream I couldn't take a nice shot of all the other ice cream on display.. oops hehe :P

Personally, I felt that the Nutella and Salted Caramel was the best ice cream flavours chosen out of all the 3 scoops I've got!
Nutella tasted kind of malty-ish, so if you're fans of milo, horlicks, oval tine etc. this might be just right for you!!

Salted Caramel; so as to say of the shop name, might just be one of the best ice cream flavour tasted.
With a tinge of sweetness and a caramelised taste, it would be best if topped with crushed peanuts which I skipped on and totally regretted it...
:(

Earl Grey wasn't much of my fancy though.
To me, it tasted a bit like bacon?
Probably my tastebuds gone haywire after all the eating season these days.
Worth a try!
But probably I would try the others next time :)

All I could say was. simplicity was the main concept of the whole ice cream store.
Whether it's a slacking day out, a nice catching up day with your girls/guys/group of friends,
this place definitely is spacious enough and cosy enough to get you settled in;

sinking your teeth in those fluffy waffles,
scooping up spoonfuls of ice-cream and satisfying those sweet taste buds of yours,
having a nice warm latte or hot chocolate,
simply chatting over everything under the sky.

Life :)

Pricing wise, I pretty much think it was affordable!
I've got like 3 scoops of ice-cream at $7.90!

Make it your next stop-by list.

-------------------------------

Next & final stop for my day today;

Address:
200 Upp Thomson Road
#01-04
Thomson Imperial Court
Singapore 574424

As the name suggested, little pancakes.
I am a great big fan of pancakes.
Literally from pancakes with maple syrup to those traditional pancakes known as Mian Jian Kueh with crushed peanuts or coconut flakes, even red bean paste too.
I can gobble up easily up to 2 or 3.

Normally the pancakes are like 10-15cm wide?
of course its round too not squarish hahaha.
But these pancakes are UTTERLY CUTE!!!

Let me show you my babies


Just look at how tiny it is!

Before I start rambling on my food,


Clean & simple look for any time of the day to chill out.


Just look at them at work!
Together with a open-spaced kitchen to bring you the closest experience.



"Cook the pancakes
Flip the pancakes
Catch it if you can"

:) *smirks*




Kicked off my meal with a nice warm Hazelnut Latte.
A large cup of it cost $5,
absolutely worth and am loving' it!
Oh, and I loved the crockeries used too teehee.


Andrew got a Big Breakfast for brunch!
it includes:
10 mini pancakes
scrambled eggs
cocktail sausages
mashed potato
salad
& a complimentary maple syrup which you can top up for more at $2!
Or you can at least get a strawberry or blueberry sauce etc.

And this, cost $10.90.
Worth it or not; it's up to you decide.
But to me, it definitely was a steal for such great quality food and portion!


If you guys have been reading my blog or pretty much know me well,
I've always like my food or things to be original or simple.
'Simple & sweet' was simply what I ordered off the menu!
Just a slab of butter together with maple syrup accompanying along 10 mini pancakes.

What I needed for a perfect afternoon.
Costing at only $6.90,
the portion was enough to fill me and yet satisfy my taste buds!

What was great about this place...

the pancakes were so fluffy that I was gonna die.
the pancake size was awesome not to make you get pretty much sick of it.
the price can be said as affordable.
(not wanting to say that it's affordable for everyone, well, everyone have got their standards isn't it?)

Worth a visit for pancake lovers!


let's get crackin'.

goodbye,
cynnie.



No comments:

Post a Comment