Pages

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

I love...Japanese food!

Japanese food has never been out of my league.
Especially for someone like me who loves to nibble, food like sushi is just too tempting for me to resist.
Well, of course I love food such as okonomiyaki, donburi and many more.
I love noodles too, preferably udon over ramen.
However, having seen all the good reviews about Santouka Ramen by some other bloggers, I decided to give it a shot too to really taste how good it is!

In Singapore, there's 2 outlets on Santouka Ramen: 1 being at The Central (Clarke Quay) and the other at Orchard Cuppage (just beside Orchard Centrepoint)



 With a coupon, we've got some Cha-Shu to kick off our meal!
I ain't a fan of pork dishes, but this was surprisingly good.
With a tender and chewy texture, there wasn't too much of pork smell/taste, which some people might not be favourable of.
As much as it is chewy, it was easy to bite off and goes great with the ramen soup.

Not long after, ramen is served!


 As much as I love spicy stuff, I was definitely glad to see that many people have raved about the Kara Miso Ramen (Hot bean paste soup base) so how can I miss that out?
The soup was definitely good, however, just not as spicy as how I would want it to be :(
But on a bright side, it might be suitable for the general public as it's not overly spicy!
The noodles wasn't up to our expectations though, kind of like an instant noodles texture.
Probably the ones at Central would have been better.


My friend got the salt soup ramen which was fantastic itself.
It wasn't too salty, and tasted rather like a tonkotsu soup base which I believe the soup base was taken into great effort making it.

Noodles are rather filling, which I'm absolutely appealed to Santouka Ramen offering different sizes for they ramen! 
Ranging between Small, Medium & Large size, there isn't a chance that you might want to waste the noodles, unless our appetite is even smaller than a Small.
And of course, you save on your cost and food wastage!
Excellent idea ;)

As much as the noodles weren't satisfying, I believe that the soup base is one of the key factor to a good ramen as well.
So, if you're a ramen lover who is seeking for a good soup base, Santouka Ramen is recommended for you!
Perhaps you can try out the Central outlet which I think the noodle texture might vary as the Orcahrd outlet.

-------------

After a fulfilling lunch, Xinping and I headed off to Forever 21 for some shopping and just simply spending our time before we headed on to make her spectacles.
Absolutely loving F21's seasonal clothes now!
So floral and crochet-like, I couldn't resist it but gotta reduce on my spending.
So I splurged on a pretty nice striped cap!
only at SGD15, it was pretty worth the price.
Head on to my Instagram @cynnieco to view it!
One of my ootd which I think I looked quite action but whatever hahaha.
Love the look anyway.

------------

Then off for dinner at Mayim!
A Chinese Restaurant located at Northpoint (NS13 Yishun station)


Hot and Sour soup as usual, just to get our tastebuds kicking before we rolled on to our mains.


Some stir-fried noodles with mushrooms, leek and everything else.



Oh, that's my dad and bro!
Say hi hahaha.


My dumplings noodle soup!
Absolutely love how smooth the handmade lamian noodles are and the dumplings were just simply chewy and the skin is so smooth that it glided down my throat!
Of course not as a whole that will make you choke ok, i mean after you bit if off bit by bit hehe.


Dad's Shanghai Tan Lamian!
Used to be my favourite dish until I showed favouritism to my new bowl of noodles.
Reason why I loved this is because, the noodles are FAT like udon :p


And ending this post with my mum enjoying her food!

It's always nice to see down together with your family, gathered round the table and having a nice meal with frequent chatters and feeding one another with food.
Too bad my sis wasn't around but it was a good meal!

goodbye and hope to hear from you guys soon!
cynnie.

No comments:

Post a Comment