Pages

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Baking with Rengie.

A day well-spent.

Nothing beats spending a day well with a precious friend of yours.
I spent it well with my dearest friend Rengie over at my house for some egg tarts baking!
Okay, to be frank, I think I really do love to make egg tarts that I just can't stop making it & munching on it. Which is the reason why I try to work out myself sometimes so that you don't feel that "guilty" anymore feasting on such heaty stuff right.

Well, Rengie and I were talking about baking the other day and surprisingly,
SHE WANTED TO BAKE EGG TARTS AND I HAPPENED TO KNOW HOW.
So I teached her today :)

Baking with friends seriously seems like the most awesome stuff that can ever happen in a girl's life besides shopping?
To me, at least(if not all agrees.)

okay, so who is RENGIE?



this is Rengie :)

She is an awesome friend(or I should call sister) whom I've known ever since I was Secondary 2. Which... yes I am soon to be in year 2 of Polytechnic.
Talk about aging, LOL.
Counting back to our friendship... 

IT'S PROBABLY LIKE 4 YEARS & STILL COUNTING.

Say HURRAY!

And our baking begins here:

(Before we started on all that hard work, we already got KOI to reward ourselves :D )

Ingredients:



200g of plain flour


55g of Icing/Castor Sugar for baking


1/2 an egg


SCS Unsalted Butter, 140g


Van Houten Baking Chocolate(for experimenting of chocolate egg tarts purpose)

Ingredients mentioned above are for the butter pastry.

For the egg filling of the egg tart:

Water(150ml)


Full Cream Evaporated Milk, 40ml

2 eggs,
60g of sugar.

Extra things needed:


Cutie pie baking casings to live up this HAPPY BAKING MOOD :)
Bought at Daiso for 2 bucks! Definitely worth a buy.



Measuring the amount of butter, flour, sugar needed for the butter pastry.



Put in the:

 butter(140g), 
icing/castor sugar(55g),
flour(200g)
half an egg.

into a mixing bowl.
After doing so, knead with both hands.


Oh that's me! Kneading the dough.
okay apparently this photo is posed and not candid. (action but I really did the work! with the hippopotamus Rengie.)

After the dough is kneaded, place it in the refrigerator for about 20 mins to let it sleep before it goes for a sauna in the oven HAHA.

Keep it warm with its blanket(cling wrap) too.


(Rengie posing with her baby!)

So while your baby is sleeping, we've got to start on the egg filling.

Remember the 150ml of water and 60g of sugar?
Dissolve the sugar by boiling it in the water.

(that's me again. Dissolving the sugar water.)

Once the sugar is fully dissolved in the water, leave the hot pipin' sugar water under the fan to cool.

After cooling it, pour in 40ml of evaporated milk as well as 2 eggs(together with the egg yolks)


(There's 4 yolks as we did double the portion.)



You will get something like this!


Mix it well together with a whisk.
Apologies for no photographs for the end product of the mixture!
But it will apear yellowish( seemingly like a mango pudding colour)

HEY, remember your baby that's sleeping in the fridge?

Take it out and mould it into those cutie pies!



Tadah! What else can I say? It's awesome cause it's made filled with l❤ve.



Pour in the egg filling into the butter pastries!

(Hippopotamus Rengie at work!)


(this baking chocolate is definitely not compulsory!)



Itchy handed us decided to try out chocolate egg tarts by ourselves :)


We sent the poor egg tarts for same tanning & sauna session for let's say... 20mins?


WOW, they definitely look HOT.


Purpose of this photo...
of course it's to showcase that cute bear casing that I bought!


How the inner of the egg tarts look like to give you a rough idea of how your end product will be :)
In any other case, you can use a toothpick to poke your egg tarts and see if the toothpick remains standing!
If it is, it's probably done!
If it does not, oops. Got to keep on heating it :)



Happy girls with final product!! :))))
Just look at those smiles. It's an achievement!


Sneak peek of our chocolate egg tarts.

Behind the scenes:



My mom.


Caught me taking a snapshot of her oops :)




While waiting for the egg tarts... erh hem. We just can't resist the temptation of taking best friend's shot together isn't it? :)

And with an itchy-handed daughter, comes the itchy-handed mom...

who secretly took a snapshot of me while I was busy HAHA.
Thanks mom!

So that was how my day ended... trying and testing out my egg tarts.
Hope your day was great too :)

goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment